- Full Time, Exempt
- $65k – $70k
- Medical benefits, Vacation, and Parental Leave Available
Foothill Community Church’s (FCC) Associate Pastor is a critical position that lives out, and assists the Lead Pastor in advocating for and pastoring others into living out, FCC’s mission, vision, and values. The Associate Pastor will be responsible for overseeing and developing discipleship ministries for new and seasoned believers to engage in substantive, culturally relevant opportunities for growth. They will invest in the sustainability and creative growth of community care ministries with the goal of gospel-centered community development and blurring the lines between those “in the church” and the marginalized in our community. They will be a pastoral presence for all those we engage inside and outside the four walls of the church, interfacing others with compassionate love and care. They will be part of a thoughtful, creative, and engaging preaching team focused on challenging and encouraging members and visitors toward loving God with everything, loving others as self, and making disciples who make disciples. They will be the executive support for all aspects of operations in FCC, serving wherever needed to accomplish our mission and vision as part of the executive pastoral team.
- Provide pastoral care for congregants, community members, and campus visitors through intentionally built relationships
- Preach in rotation as part of the preaching team
- Oversee creative development, strategic execution, and launch of new ministry initiatives in alignment with FCC mission, vision, and values
- Includes community engagement initiatives for the purpose of community development, breaking down barriers to belonging in God’s family, and blurring boundaries between the “us” and “them” of church and our surrounding community
- Oversee development, sustainability, administration, and logistics for discipleship ministries
- Includes Small Groups, Bible Studies, Men’s and Women’s Ministries, Young Adult Ministry, Learning Labs, and more
- Oversee development, sustainability, administration, and logistics for community care ministries
- Includes Community Meal, Community Clothing Closet, church serve days, and more
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in multi-ethnic church and/or professional environments, taking into account relevant non-professional experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus
- Understanding of, and conviction for, gospel-centered biblical justice, with the ability to articulate its impact and importance for our community, including those on the margins
- A pastoral heart for those under their leadership, as well as for other members of the church and the diverse surrounding community
- Ability to embrace the FCC Team Cultural Norms and Values:
- Open Communication
- Focus on Solutions
- Extreme Ownership
- Refreshing Innovation
- Team Unity
- Handles conflict with grace-filled, direct conversation instead of avoiding or shutting down conversation
- Strong gifts of administration, multi-tasking, and leadership with an eye for detail and logistics
- Commitment to equality, representation, diversity, equity, and inclusion of race, gender, socio-economic status, age, and political ideologies
- Commitment to healthy and authentic interpersonal relationships
- Ability to operate independently, creatively, and collaboratively
- Lifelong learner who pursues education through formal and informal methods; relevant Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree a plus
- Understanding of Wesleyan theology and ability to articulate it to others
- Theological alignment with the Free Methodist “Freedoms” and “The Free Methodist Way”
- Proficiency in computer skills including Google Suite and ability to quickly and independently learn new software programs as required
- Prior to employment, satisfactorily complete a criminal record background check
Love God with Everything. Love Neighbor as Self. Make Disciples Who Make Disciples.
Vision and Direction:
During this season at Foothill Community Church, we are looking to embrace God, one another, and our neighbors like never before. We are actively seeking to identify and dismantle barriers to belonging for those already in our church and those who have yet to step foot inside. We are inviting those already in the FCC family to dive deeper into what it means to follow Christ through drawing near to God in vulnerability and authenticity, radically loving our neighbor, and sharing with others what God is doing among us.
Foothill Community Church firmly believes that diversity honors the image of God in humanity and brings immeasurable value to our work. Representation ensures that every person in our community has a voice at the table. Women and men from all backgrounds, including historically underrepresented backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply.
FCC part of the Free Methodist Church of Southern California (FMCSC) and the larger Free Methodist Church of the United States of America (FMCUSA). For more information see https://www.fmcsc.org/ or www.fmcusa.org.